How To Improve Indoor Air Quality : Factors Which Is lowers The Indoor Air Quality :-
Our house where everyone spend average time more than 10 to 12 hours. And sence outbreak of COVID-19 or during work from everyone spent almost weeks into there house. So it’s important to have fresh indoor air for breathing.
Low quality of indoor air can easily affect human body, and it will be major reason behind anxiety, regular illness, asthma, lung conditions, heart conditions etc.
Breathable air always free from air pollutants, lowers the risk of respiratory illnes, and also reduce various chronic disease and pain
Here we listed some most common helath issues which is due to poor indoor air quality.
1) Throat and Nasal Illnesses, Scratchy Throat.
2) Poor indoor air quality also impact on skin.
3) Asthma Complications.
5) Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and Coughing.
6) Lungs and heart issues.
7) Respiratory illness.
Definitely it’s not over here. Poor indoor air quality may cause many more impactful health issues.
To maintain indoor air quality it’s Important to have air monitoring equipment like air filter, plant’s which filters air naturally.
✨ Most common indoor air pollutants and factors which increase poor indoor air quality :-
The every public or private place we visit every day like office, bus stop, hotel and even home they all full with some common air pollutants. The pollutants can be VOCs, nitrogen dioxide, carbon dioxide, second hand smoke and also a lead particles.
We cannot see the air pollutants but they are in countless number around you. The pollutants can be natural or man made. Here is list of the major indoor air pollutants and there source.
1) How Asbestos Impact On Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
Asbestos are mineral fibers of rock and soil. As it has high fiber strength and heat-resistance capacity so it’s mostly used in building construction and as a insulation from fire resistance.
Asbestos are used in most of the home furniture, manufacturing goods.like some listed below.
▪️ Major Source Of Asbestos :-
1) Ceiling and floring tiles.
3) Most of cement products.
4) Automobile clutch.
5) Heat resistance fabrics.
▪️ How asbestos responsible for low indoor air quality :-
Asbestos mineral fibers release in indoor air due to improper way to handle it. When you disturbed asbestos containing products with activities like cutting, sanding, scratching etc it’s release harmful asbestos mineral in indoor air.
▪️ Helath side effects of asbestos :-
1) long term exposure to asbestos responsible for lungs cancer.
2) It’s also responsible for mesothelioma, a rare from of cancer that found in thin lining of the lung, chest.
3) asbestosis, highly serious long term non cancer lung diseases.
2) Biological Indoor Pollutants :-
A most common biological indoor air pollutants are food waste, bacteria, viruses, dust, mites etc. By controlling respect source of pollutants we can minimize their presence in indoor air.
The first thing that we can control that is indoor relative humidity level, it will help to present growth of biological pollutants. 30-50% relative humidity level was ideal for any house.
▪️ Major Sources Of Biological Indoor Air Pollutants :-
1) Standing water, wet surface ideal for growth of molds, bacteria and insects.
2) Plants originate pollen.
3) Pet animal which was major source of saliva and animal dander.
4) food waste, animal waste, bacteria, virus, soil are also the source of Pollutants.
▪️ Major helath effect from biological Indoor air pollutants ;-
1) hypersensitivity pneumonitis.
4) influenza, measles and chicken pox are transmitted through the air.
5) coughing and shortness of breath.
6) digestive problems.
3) How Nitrogen Dioxide Lowers The Indoor Air Quality And It’s Sources :-
Both the nitrogen dioxide and nitric oxide both are toxic gases found in indoor air. The primary source of nitrogen dioxide gas is combustion processes. Gas stove with unvented combustion also a major source of it.
Other major sources of nitrogen dioxide are tobacco smoke, kerosene heaters, welding etc.
▪️ Major health effects of nitrogen dioxide :-
1) nitrogen dioxide act as irritant, it mostly affect eyes, noise, throat and respiratory tract as well.
2) Low level exposure of nitrogen dioxide responsible for increased bronchial reactivity in some asthmatics.
3) extremely high exposure to nitrogen dioxide resulted in a pulmonary edema and lungs injury.
4) How Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) Lowers Indoor Air Quality And It’s Sources :-
Volatile organic compounds are gasses release through some soiled and liquid compounds. VOCs includes varity of health affecting gasses, it’s may be affect helath for long term as well as for short term.
▪️ Major Sources Of VOCs :-
1) Home furniture, tiles, paint.
2) wood preservatives, pesticide.
3) cleansers and disinfectants.
4) building materials and home furnishings.
5) dry-cleaned clothing.
▪️ Major Helath Effects Of VOCs :-
1) Eye, nose and throat irritation.
2) It also damage to central nervous system, kidney, liver as well.
3) Headaches and loss of coordination.
4) visual disorders and memory impairment.
Here we listed some top most common and highly dangerous to health indoor air pollutants. There source and respective health effects as well.
But it’s not over here there are thousands of indoor air pollutants, which we cannot explain here, some we listed below as well.
✨ Other Major Indoor Air Pollutants :-
5) Carbon monoxide :-
9) Wood smoke.
10) secondary smoke and environmental tobacco smoke.
✨ How To Improve Indoor Air Quality Tips And Tricks :-
It’s important to understand different way by which you can maintain indoor air quality. There are number of air filtering equipment available but the natural way sometimes more effective and cost friendly.
The natural way to maintain indoor air quality or way to filter indoor air is to grow houseplants. We already thought much about indoor air purifying plants, balcony gardening, and also hydroponic way to grow indoor house plants.
So here we gona focus on technological ways to improve indoor air quality and ways to filter poor quality air.
1) Coway Professional Air Purifier for Home, Special Anti-Virus Green HEPA Filter :-
A perfect large size indoor air filter which is highly sensitive and filter micro pollutants as well. Special green Anti-virus HEPA Filter which are capable to traps 99.99% of Allergens, Bacteria & Viruses.
As we all know VOCs are the most common indoor air pollutants, the special Patented Urethane Carbon Filter not only VOCs but also bad odor, Formaldehyde and Cigarette Smoke as well.
It’s all in one indoor air filter. Comes with maximum features which important to maintain and observe indoor air quality. Some instructing features we mention in below.
1) Filter replacement blinks as an indicator when it’s time to change filter HEPA Filter and Carbon Filter.
2) There are four Intuitive colors which shows the quality of indoor air.
▪️ Blue – Good air quality.
▪️ Yallow – unhealthy.
▪️ Green – Moderate.
▪️ Read – Very unhealthy.
3) Intelligent auto mode of indoor air purifier adjust the speed of air purifier according to the present indoor air quality.
|Image : Amazon.com